Gamma’s certified picture framers and design staff can recommend design techniques and suggest color coordination to make picture framing itself a work of art.
While our principal focus in professional picture framing is to prevent the artwork from deteriorating over time, our staff will help create a presentation that is unique, that compliments your personality, and enhances your home or office.
- Canvas Gallery Wraps
- Exotic materials: batik, tapa, papyrus, silk paintings, wall hanging tapestries, Persian rugs, jigsaws, parchment.
- Needlework: cross-stitch, tapestry, embroidery, lace & silk, crochet (we specialize in lacing needlework on acid-free backing boards and pellen).
- Flags, medals and military badges, caps, epaulettes, uniforms, swords, daggers, knives, firearms.
- Sports equipment and clothing: tennis racquets, baseball & cricket bats & balls, footballs, jerseys, caps, fishing lures and flies.
- Diplomas, licenses, certificates, newspaper clippings, collages, announcements, invitations, concert tickets.
Gamma’s extensive selection of wood and metal frames are often used in combination with a fillet, a narrow molding inlaid inside the mat, to create a truly unique frame that will add depth and color to custom framed art. The fillet, coordinated with the frame molding, can be used to provide a multi-dimensional look.
Functionally, picture matting provides a spacer to protect art from direct contact with the glass or plexiglass.
Aesthetically, mats create design possibilities that enhance art. Gamma’s mat board selection comes in hundreds of colors, textures, and appearances.
Shadow Box Frames / Display Cases
Gamma’s professional picture framing experience with three-dimensional objects is extensive. We encase everything from WWII military medals, sport jerseys, baby shoes, vacation souvenirs to china dolls and childhood moments, artifacts and collectables. Shadow box frames can be very simple or they can incorporate rich fabrics and woods for a superbly elegant effect.