- Select the right material. Gamma provides both cast and calendered vinyl materials. Cast vinyl is considered vehicle graphics’ premium product with excellent durability and conformability characteristics. It is ideal for covering rivets. Fleet graphics usually will last 5 to 8 years.
- Calendered vinyl has a durability of 1.5 to 5 years. It is thicker, less conformable and less durable than cast vinyl. Therefore, it is not recommended for all vehicle graphics applications.
- A clean vehicle is essential for a quality vehicle graphics application. Remove all dirt and grime with a commercial detergent solution and water. If wax or other contaminants are present, clean with a solvent base solution like Xylol. A final cleaning with isopropyl alcohol is necessary to insure there are no residual elements left behind.
- It is recommended that the temperature be between 50° to 90° F for vehicle signage applications.
- To apply vehicle wraps remove approximately 6″ of liner to prevent the adhesive from prematurely adhering to the vehicle. Keep tension on the graphic to avoid the vinyl touching the vehicle. Squeegee the graphic into place by pushing down and out. Overlap the squeegee strokes.
Gamma is a 3M / Avery Dennison certified installer. See our Gamma Installation Services